Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Par!adise Paper Flowers - Kicked Up a Notch!

Hello, it's time for me to go to bed, but I just had to post a couple of pictures of these embellishments I put together last night. I was working on the cards for my next Scrapbooking 101 and came up with these.  In the end, I didn't use them for my cards, but they were a lot of fun to make.




Aren't they cute? I started with the Creme Brulee Blossoms in the Close To My Heart Paradise Paper Flowers and sponged the edges with Brown Bag ink to give them a little added dimension.



I had some trouble finding just the right center. I found a bag of CTMH wooden buttons that were the right size, but they just didn't have the zing I was looking for. Digging through my supplies, I found a Krylon Pale Gold Leafing Pen that I had picked up at Scrapbook Expo last fall. I colored the buttons andgot just the effect I wanted. I finished them off by threading the button with Chocolate Waxy Flax and attaching it to the flower with a glue dot.


I'm really pleased with how they turned out. Now I just need to build a project around them.

Tomorrow I'll post pictures of the cards for S101.




1 comment:

Stampin n da Hood said...

Love the flowers! Can't wait to see the projects!