Thursday, March 29, 2012

Crazy for Banners

One of the NEW items that showed up in our Close To My Heart Spring/Summer 2012 Idea Book is the My Creations Mini Banner (check it out on page 131). I couldn't wait to get my hands on one to recreate the banner made with LUCY paper for my friend --- um--- Lucy.

LUCY

Made with Lucy paper


Turns out these things are pretty addictive.  Since making that first banner in January, I've made five or six more.  Here's the one I made last night.

USA

Made with Superhero paper

When I shared these with Sally and Anne, we couldn't wait to have a workshop. Luckily, the perfect time and place presented itself, so here are the details:
  • When: Wednesday, April 11; 6:30 - 8:30
  • Where: Round Table Pizza at Madison and Greenback (on the edge of Orangevale/Folsom)
  • What: You'll receive a complete My Creations Mini Banner. That's 10 white chipboard pennants in 4 different shapes. We'll provide everything you need to make 1 or 2 or 3 banners -- it all depends on the words you choose.  We'll pre-cut the paper (using the fabulous CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge), provide the ribbon, and throw in a few embellishments to jazz it up. You just bring adhesives and your imagination.
  • Cost: $15
  • How: Send me an email at montanabaitshop@hotmail.com.
  • Please reserve your spot by April 2nd. We have to order things and cut things!
Here are a few words that would make great banners: FAMILY, LOVE, SMILE, CREATE, EAT, BE NICE, CELEBRATE, PEACE, your name, your family name, your kid's name, your boss's name...

Here are some more banners for inspiration:

SMILE

Made with Stella paper


WELCOME

Made with all kinds of paper and flowers and blingy things!

(Sorry the pictures aren't better. I promise to work on that when the weather gets better!)
  I hope you decide to join us. I have had so much fun making these banners and I'm sure you will too.



No comments: