Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Lucy Banner

On February 1, Close To My Heart kicked off a brand new catalog, the 2012 Spring/Summer Idea Book.  After all these years as a customer and then a consultant, I'm still thrilled to see the new paper and new products each time a catalog is released. 

This time, the design crew outdid themselves and named TWO of the new paper packs after friends of mine --- Stella and Lucy!

I haven't had a chance to try out Stella yet, but I just had to recreate the banner shown on page 26 for my friend Lucy. If you look hard, you'll see a few differences between theirs and mine, but I definitely drew inspiration from that picture.

The banner was so easy. We have a brand new chipboard banner -- 10 pieces in 4 different shapes -- and it matches shapes on the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge.  I also cut out scallops from the AP cartridge and followed the directions for Yo-Yo Flowers on page 27. The name is spelled out with our new chipboard letters -- I used a brayer to roll Pear ink on them, but they also coordinate with the AP cartridge.

But enough talk -- here are some pictures:



Isn't it fun?

2 comments:

Stampin n da Hood said...

Darling, darling! and of course, LOVE the colors!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

This is GORGEOUS!!!!! Happy ♥♥♥ Day to you and your family!