Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Snowy Tree Christmas Card

Here's a Christmas card I made the other day when I was playing around with another idea I saw on ... you guessed it, Pinterest! My brain is overloaded by fabulous, creative cards and Christmas decorations, and low-fat recipes and simple elegant bedrooms and skinny jeans with scrunched boots and funny sayings . . . and, oh my, what a black hole I can fall into when I start looking at Pinterest.

So recently, I saw this lovely card that was posted by Oma. I think you'll be able to see it by clicking on this link: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/266275396691889965/.
 
 
I fell in love with it and decided to try to re-create the feel of it, but with a pine tree. This is the result.

 
 
It's kind of hard to tell how sparkly it is, but I drew "snow lines" on the ground with a thin glue pen, then sprinkled them with Close To My Heart Prisma glitter. Then I made some dots of glue on the tree and sprinkled them with glitter too.  I made the blowing snow with Bitty Sparkles and added some of them to the tree too. The tree is from the Always Grateful (C1559) stamp set -- which also makes a great Thanksgiving stamp set as it has these sentiments: "Today I am thankful", "always grateful", and my favorite, "Gratitude turns what we have into enough".  The "Peace and Joy" stamp comes from the Frosted Cardmaking Workshop on the Go Kit (G1063).
 
If you see something you have to have, place an order with me by Friday, October 25,2013 at midnight and mention this post and I'll pay the shipping. Woot! Woot!


1 comment:

Barbie said...

Love this, oooooooh