Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Convention Countdown

Okay, there's a big mess on my dining room table --- if you know me, you'll just laugh.  But this mess is different.  It's not unpaid bills, recently emptied pizza boxes, or the latest stack of magazines.  I'm heading for the annual Close To My Heart Convention next week so it's cards.......



CTMH holds a convention for the consultants every year -- I've gone twice before and it's a hoot!  It's a three-day bombardment of scrapbooking, stamping, cardmaking, picture snapping, laughing, screaming, cheering, and dancing. It's crazy, but you just have to imagine what it's like when a ballroom full of women are squealing with delight over new colors, new stamps and ... oh yeah ... Sticky Boy!  It makes me laugh just to think about it. 

Okay, besides the screaming, the best thing about convention is the huge dose of inspiration.  There are walls of artwork created by other consultants --- you can spend hours pouring over it, inch by inch --- and then there are card swaps.  For three full days, every where you go, you hear, "Are you swapping? Are you swapping?" and we all whip out our ziplock bags filled with cards and start trading.

This year, I'm trying to make at least 100 cards.  I think I have enough pieces cut out for that many -- now I just have to get them stamped and put together. It's always a panic, trying to think of something new and original to do that will be "swap-worthy".  My friends, Sally, Anne and Terri, and I have been sending pictures back and forth -- and our first swaps will be with each other.  I think we each push each other forward to be just a bit more creative -- add another layer, try something new.

And that brings me to what's really the best thing about convention.I've made such great friends through scrapbooking and I'll be sharing next week with some of the best. I am looking forward to that more than anything!

No comments: