Monday, June 30, 2014

My Projects in the Consultants' Creative Showcase

After making a short detour to San Diego, I just got back home from Close To My Heart convention at the Disneyland Hotel. It was a great event, packed with delicious moments --- and not all of them had calories! I'll probably be posting about it for several days, but first I need to fulfill a promise I made to post the recipes.

One of the new events added to Convention this year was the Consultants' Creative Showcase. We all had the opportunity to bring in some of our own artwork and display it for all of our fellow consultants to enjoy. There were so many lovely things there --- my fellow consultants are amazingly creative. Here's a picture of my display area:


Not a very inspired display, but I do have some new pieces that I'm pretty happy with.

Firecrackers
 
These are made with the My Creations Kraft Containers (Z1833). I cut stripes and stars from Cranberry, Outdoor Denim and Bamboo cardstock. The stars were cut on the Cricut using the Art Philosophy cartridge (Z1686). I sanded the edges of everything to distress them a little. The fuses are make of black wire, folded in half and wound around a pencil. I punched a hole in each lid and large star with an old eyelet punch, inserted the wire and taped it inside. I covered the raw ends with another star inside the lid. I put rubber bands around the pieces while the glue dried. Fun and easy!
 
 
Canvas #1


I found this saying on Pinterest and it just tickled me. I used one of our My Creations 6x6 Canvas Displays (Z1818), and colored it with our Exclusive Inks Pigment Inks. I recommend you try it out on cardstock first to get the effect you want. I think I used Buttercup, Honey, Sunset, Pear, Topiary, Lagoon and Pacifica. I used a Tim Holtz tool to apply the ink, but a sponge, or Sponge Dauber, or Texture Tool would work too. I stamped the words with our July Stamp of the Month: Circus Alphabet (S1407). The stars are retired Dimensional Elements and the flowers are retired Colonial White Rosette Ribbon, which I colored with the Pigment Inks and glued with Liquid Glass (Z679). I also smeared some green glitter glue around the bottom right quadrant and put Clear Sparkles in the centers of the flowers to make it sparkly.

 Save the Bees
 
This is another My Creations 6x6 Canvas Display (Z1818). I covered this one with modeling paste (see below) and stamped into it with the Honeycomb (C1537) stamp while it was wet to create some texture. I let it dry all night, then colored it with our Exclusive Inks Pigment Inks and stamped with the Circus Alphabet again. I even made the little bees from the Circus Alphabet by stamping small "B" for the bodies, and coloring the bodies with a Sunset marker and Black marker stripes. The wings are small "E" stamped on some old gray vellum I had in my stash. I cut them all out and glued them together and then glued them on the canvas so the wings stick out.

Here's the "before" picture:


 Here's the last of the new projects I made for the Showcase. It's a mini album in a box, all made with our Jubilee Paper Packet (X7181B) and coordinating products.


The box is a My Creations Journaling Cards Box (Z1953). These are just the right size to hold our Picture My Life cards, but I took out the little stair-step riser insert so there's be room for the mini album. I covered the box with Jubilee paper, wrapped it with our Burlap Ribbon (Z1760), and added  rolled flowers that I made with the Jubilee Textiles (Z1971).


Here's the cover of the mini album. I covered two pieces of cardboard with the Jubilee Textiles to make the front and back. The title is from the Jubilee Complements (X7181C). I made the inner pages using the Artbooking Cricut cartridge (Z1906). They're all from the baby book shown on pages 50-51, but I cut off the "baby" parts and cut them smaller -- I think it was 5.75 inches. There are some really cute envelopes and tags and overlays that go together like a dream. I embellished the whole thing with more of the Jubilee Complements, Jubilee zip strips, and pieces of Jubilee Textiles, cut to use as ribbons. Here are some sample pages:




If you would like to order any of the products used to make these projects, you can contact me directly via email (montanabaitshop@hotmail.com) or use the Shop Online link on the upper right side of the home page. Please note that some of these products will be retiring at the end of July, so if you are interested in recreating these projects, you should order as soon as possible.

If you have questions about any of these projects, or the items I did not address, leave a comment or contact me via email and I will get back to you very soon.

Thanks for taking a look.

1 comment:

Barbie Loughlin said...

Oh Shelley, you never cease to AMAZE me with your creativity and talent! I am loving the smaller canvases and the firecrackers are killer!!