Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Memories of Stampin' Memories

I am still trying to catch up on my sleep after a great weekend with my stampin' and scrappin' buddies at Stampin' Memories. Four times a year we occupy the Bradley House in Folsom and lose ourselves in a frenzy of stamping, glueing, die-cutting, texturing, embellishing and just about anything else you can think up to do with pretty paper and photos. Oh, and then there are the breakfasts (indescribably beautiful and delish), homemade cookies and cupcakes in the afternoon, and a bit of wine tasting in the evenings. We share ideas, celebrate completed projects, and win fabulous prizes. We tell hilarious stories about our friends and families --- and our own foibles. We laugh a lot and stay up much too late. It's fantastic. Can you tell I love it?
 
Amazingly, amongst all the fun, I even got a few little projects done.
 
Here's a scrapbook layout showing pictures of a dinner party at Joe's Crab Shack with Kristian's workmates.
 
 

 
I won this great 7 Gypsies Mouse Trap Memo Board in the White Elephant exchange and spent most of Saturday, turning it into a cute reminder board using our new Buzz and Bumble paper.
 

 

Another layout - this one has pictures from our first trip up to visit Joey after he started his job at Sugar Bowl. I made my own background paper with random stamping.
 

 
 
Finally, here are a few cards and a photo cube I made. The paisley card uses the triple stamping technique that's so popular now. The butterfly cards were made with a Martha Stewart punch and a Cuttlebug texture plate (very easy).  Of course the photo cube is all about Joey.
 


 
More to come!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the fun reminder of the weekend! The butterflies sure do POP! Cute, cute, cute!

Sarah

Stampin n da Hood said...

eeek! I missed some these! Awesome job, great post!

Anonymous said...

So Great! It was a fun weekend and you did a marvelous job on your projects. I would still be staring at the reminder board with no ideas.
Thanks for the help you provide all of us.